Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Well...

This is something that I have though about doing for some quite some time. Honestly the only real reason why I didn't create one earlier is because I have never really thought that my life is interesting enough. Whatever, I'll just write about anything and anything that my mind can come up with. Whether it be about politics, or the joys of doing yard work when it's hot as hell outside. I haven't been writing all that many papers lately, so please excuse the lack of grammar, or the poor structuring of my entries, I will work on that as time goes on.

So let's just get into a little introduction of myself. I am a 22 year old second generation immigrant who doesn't really care about his ancestry. Sure I really like my heritage, but it is more a matter of curiosity than anything. I have always thought that defining yourself by your heritage is one of the most ridiculous things you can ever do. Sure I still partake in the Hispanic culture, it's kind of hard not to when your entire family is from Mexico, but I never call myself Mexican. I am an American, nothing more to it.

I am currently going to a community college. This was not my original plan back in high school. Back in high school I had always thought that my own intelligence and know how would pave the way for me to get into college, and for the most part this was true. I received a relatively high SAT score, so this allowed me to get into pretty much whatever public college in I wanted to in my state. Unfortunately this attitude really came back to bite me in the ass later on. You see, with that attitude I pretty much neglected to get involved at my high school. I even neglected to do any work back in high school, always tried to take the easy route. The result of all this was me only having a 2.3GPA in high school. So then comes time for me to get into college only to find out that I don't qualify for pretty much any scholarship. At first I am like " Whatever, financial aid will help me." Financial did indeed help, though not near as much as I had hoped. So long story short, couldn't afford major university, got stuck at a community college because I was a dumbass in high school.

Anyways, I am just going to cut it short here. I'll write more about certain aspects of my life later on, among other things.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment